Have you been to the Berkeley Art Museum and Pacific Film Archive? Have you seen the latest show or film screening? What about participating in one of their classes, workshops, or lectures? If not, then now is your chance! The Berkeley Art Museum and Pacific Film Archive are popular destinations for locals as well as visitors. With new exhibitions opening every few months, there’s always something new to see. Whether it be art from around the world or movies from Hollywood history; this museum has it all.
Berkeley Art Museum and Pacific Film Archive (BAMPFA) brings the rich artistic resources of the UC Berkeley campus to a broader public audience through its collections, research resources, and programs.
BAMPFA strives for local connectedness with community members as well as global relevance beyond academic circles through its dynamic programming which includes film screenings, lectures, festivals, workshops, artist talks & tours; all free of charge! The benefits of going to this museum are:
- Don’t be left out of arts and culture because of lack of funds
- Fall in love with Berkeley again through this museum’s beautiful architecture
- Discover new artists, explore new cultures, seek inspiration in our vast collections
- Variety of films shown on a regular basis, not just one at a time
- Access to insightful lectures and workshops led by professors and industry experts
- Home to exhibitions from both international and local artists
- Engage with the College’s diverse and talented student population!
- Engaging events for all ages, interests, and levels of experience.
- Enjoy live music performances by accomplished artists from around the world.
Berkeley Art Museum and Pacific Film Archive (BAMPFA) is a popular destination for locals as well as visitors. The BAMFAs new exhibitions open every few months, there’s always something new to see.
BAMPFA strives to provide gallery exhibitions and film screenings that are both locally connected and globally relevant. The museum commissions twelve new works of art each year in addition to hosting more than twenty topical exhibitions. In addition, BAMPFA executes 450 film programs annually alongside its major exhibits. BAMPFA offers a variety of art programs, including school field trips and family-friendly workshops that create interactive opportunities for the entire community to deepen their connection with art. BAMPFA has tens of thousands of pieces in its permanent collections that represent cultures from all around the world throughout history. Some of the reasons to support BAMPFA are:
- BAMPFA is committed to creating a space for the community
- The museum offers excellent art-related programming, such as workshops and field trips
- Provides an opportunity for children to be engaged with art
- It is a museum that challenges your mind and makes you feel something
- They make art available in forms that will appeal to all types of people
- Visitors become educated with new perspectives on art in this progressive environment
- It is a place where constructive dialogue and art cross paths
Berkeley Museum of Art has been making waves in the Bay Area with its beautiful architecture and engaging events. Their vibrant exhibitions, lectures, and workshops are open to everyone! Come explore their collections or take a film class from home. Partnering with UC Berkeley students provides an opportunity for both artists and audiences alike to learn about new cultures through art while also giving local talent a platform to express themselves at some of the biggest festivals around.
Berkeley, California is blessed with some of the Bay Area’s most fantastic museums. Here’s a list of our favorites:
- Museum of Vertebrate Zoology
- Berkeley Natural History Museums
- Museum of Paleontology
- Essig Museum of Entomology Research
- Lawrence Hall of Science
- Aftel Archive of Curious Scents
- Lacis Museum of Lace and Textiles
- Museum of Children’s Arts
All of these museums are located just a short distance from our location in downtown Berkeley, at 1935 Addison Street, Suite A!