5 Signs You Should Invest In A
Foundation Repair Project
Are your floors sagging, or do you feel the occasional “pops” and creaks coming from beneath them? If so, it could be a sign that it’s time to invest in a foundation repair project. Home foundations play an integral role in protecting you and your family from the elements and keeping your home structurally sound — but unfortunately, they don’t last forever. With the right maintenance plan, however, homeowners can identify signs of foundation damage before their structures become irreparable. Here are 5 Signs You Should Invest in a Foundation Repair Project.
1. Cracks In The Foundation: Cracks appear in both poured concrete and masonry foundations. In some cases, these can be cosmetic or simply a result of home settling — but they also could indicate a more serious issue, such as water damage, soil erosion, and weakened support structures. If you notice any cracks on your foundation’s exterior surface or even along the walls inside your home, it’s time to call an experienced foundation repair contractor for an evaluation and quote.
2. Bowed Walls: When soil around the perimeter of your home shifts due to poor drainage or too much moisture, it can put pressure on the walls, causing them to bow inward. This is one of the most common signs that a foundation repair project is needed. Depending on the severity, bowed walls can be repaired with wall anchors or steel braces, which can help stabilize your home and prevent further damage.
3. Door And Window Misalignment: If you start to notice that windows and doors become harder to open or close, this could be an indication of a foundation issue. When the soil around your home shifts, it can cause unequal pressure along different parts of your foundation, resulting in misaligned door frames and window openings. To fix this problem, you may need to have an engineer inspect the area for any structural damages that may require repairs, such as steel piers or mud jacking.
4. Sinking Floors: Sagging floors are usually a result of soil shifting beneath your home’s foundation, but it can also be caused by poor construction practices. If you start to notice that certain areas of the floor feel softer than others or are sinking lower than usual, then it may be time to consider investing in a foundation repair project.
5. Foundation Damage From Water: Too much water can cause severe damage to your home’s foundation. The excess moisture can erode away the soil, causing voids and sinkholes in some cases, which will weaken the structural integrity of your entire home. If you’ve noticed any signs of flooding around your property or near your foundation walls, it could be time for a professional inspection and evaluation.
Is Your Home In Danger?
Don’t let the structural integrity of your home be at risk! Pay attention to certain key indicators that could point toward foundation problems. If you spot things like cracked walls and floors, sticky doors or windows, bowed walls, or gaps in either a wall or flooring, these are all signs of foundation issues that demand inspection as soon as possible. Even from outside your house, it’s worth keeping an eye out for horizontal cracks, vertical ones on the chimney bricks, and a sinking area that may indicate something is awry with those hard working footings beneath our feet.
If you have noticed any of these signs, it is important to contact a foundation repair specialist for an evaluation so that you can address the problem before it becomes more serious. Investing in a foundation repair project now could save you from costly repairs in the future. By addressing any issues early on, you can help protect your family and your home’s value for years to come.
As you can see, there are several warning signs of foundation repair warning signs that every homeowner should be aware of. If you’re experiencing any of these issues in your own home, don’t wait to get them resolved. The longer you put off a foundation repair project, the worse the damage will become and the more expensive it will be to fix. Don’t take chances when it comes to your home’s foundation. Call us today for a free consultation, and we’ll help you determine what repairs need to be made to keep your home safe and sound for years to come.
Are You Looking For A Company To Repair Your Foundation?
Spaulding Concrete has been the SF Bay Area’s top foundation builders and repair experts for over 30 years. We’re here to fix your home’s foundation, no matter what problem may exist. We have the specialized equipment, services and professional experience that you need to make permanent improvements to your building’s foundation. To get you started on the right foot, we would be happy to give you a free quote for the repair of the foundation. When you reach out by phone or email we will have one of our foundation experts answer any questions you have and explain how we can restore integrity and structural stability to your home or company building permanently. Successful concrete projects require careful planning and thorough preparation. Spaulding Concrete reviews the site and designs to ensure that the concrete and base structure follows the criteria for the planned use and that the layout and finishes are suitable for the project. The qualified concrete experts at Spaulding Concrete will be on schedule, on budget and meet or exceed standards by careful planning, professional execution, and strict quality control.
To schedule your free quote, contact us today! We are proud to serve Orinda, Lafayette, Moraga, Pleasant Hill, Concord, Martinez, Pittsburg, Antioch, Brentwood and the surrounding areas.