Will A Concrete Driveway Extension Add Value To My Property?
Many homeowners who are looking to sell their houses will need to consider more than just the appearance of the property. The appearance of a home’s ancillary features may also influence a buyer’s decision. The driveway is one of those characteristics of a house that is often forgotten.
When trying to purchase a home, getting or not having a driveway is often the deciding factor in whether or not a deal can go through.
A driveway is necessary for many residents. Given how long most cars sit idle, it’s not shocking that people want a convenient place to park them.
Paving your driveway with concrete would boost the value of your home and improve the curb appeal. There are numerous advantages to getting a paved driveway, especially if it is concrete.
The nature of the job, business conditions, and the valuation of other homes in the neighborhood all influence how much your home increases in value.
And, of course, whether you have a paved driveway or not. Yes, a concrete driveway would improve the value of your home.
However, you might be wondering how getting a paved, completed driveway affects the selling value. And how do you decide when it’s time to invest in one versus when it’s not? Let’s look at some of the considerations that could influence your decision.
- If you have a gravel driveway, you should replace it with a paved driveway. Although the driveway may be adequate for your purposes, it may deter prospective buyers.
- Gravel is difficult to maintain, particularly in areas where the weather is erratic. Gravel can cause muddy areas or deep ruts that need to be maintained on a regular basis.
- Since the valuation of your home is influenced by the surrounding neighborhood, it’s important to maintain your home to the same high quality as the rest of the neighborhood.
- If your home’s driveway is in poor condition when the rest of the house is in good condition, consumers would view your home as having a lower value.
- The same can be said on the other way around. Your home’s worth rises as it is the only one with a paved driveway when the others are in bad shape.
- Increase the worth of your property. Not only can building a garage make your house more sellable, but it will also increase the value of your home. A driveway will increase the value of your home by up to ten percent.
- The design of a driveway is largely subjective. While you may prefer gravel to concrete, it is not always the best option if you want to increase the value of your house.
- Concrete, though not everyone loves the idea, is the most long-lasting. It’s still the most costly to lay, but it needs the least upkeep to stay looking nice.
- Driveways will also detract from the appeal of the house if a potential customer believes that it requires maintenance to get it up to code, such as poorly drained or deteriorated driveways.
- According to a poll, only 44% of potential buyers desired a lawn, while 84% claimed they would not purchase a home without a driveway.
- Concrete driveways are more durable than other types of pavement. Concrete has a lifespan of 25 to 50 years. Asphalt, for example, only lasts 12 to 20 years and needs further upkeep.
Any of these paving solutions have advantages and disadvantages. You can even finish your driveway with asphalt, but it would add the least value to your home. Don’t fail to consider how much pleasure you’ll get by seeing a paved driveway. A concrete driveway would make you (and your car) happier while also the worth of your home!
Are You Looking for Help Building a Concrete Driveway, Addition, or Extension for Your Home?
Spaulding Concrete has been the San Francisco Bay Area’s top concrete contractor for over 30 years. We have been serving our community with driveway extensions and additions, flat surface concrete installation for sidewalks, city bike paths, commercial floors, parking lots, RV pads, steps, curbs, and gutters. We specialize in the completion of our projects in an effective, timely and reasonable manner. The qualified concrete experts at Spaulding Concrete will be on schedule, on budget, and meet or exceed standards by careful planning, professional execution, and strict quality control. To schedule your free quote, contact us today! We are proud to serve Alameda and Contra Costa County and the surrounding areas.